Benz Micro Glider Stylus protection

Yeah, I know, there ain’t any.

I LOVE this cartridge,especially mounted on an SME Series V tonearm I picked up yesterday.

Clean, clear, warm, very good bass reproduction not lacking in midrange/highs either…

BUT…

that exposed cantilever has had my pucker factor up for months, every time I play it.

So.  In this day and age of 3D printers in everyone’s garage and a chicken in every pot, is ANYONE making a stylus guard for this cartridge?

Thanks.

128x128normb

Ah, I forget this hobby is rife with (some) jerks and losers… but thanks for the tip buddy.

I had a big plastic box built at Tap Plastics that I drop over my entire table. This has helped my dust associated neurosis as well as keeping my cart out of harms way. I can be as sloppy drunk as I'd like and not have to worry about it coming into contact with my cart!

Well I'm sorry you think I'm a jerk/loser. I have a Lyra Etna (expensive exposed cantilever) mounted on an SME tone arm and have never had a problem. The SME has an excellent cueing device that gently lowers the cantilever onto the record. I never try to do it by hand as I do not trust myself to do it. As well as others here, I see no need for a stylus guard but if that's what you feel you need, go for it. If you are already using your cueing device, I apologize for being obvious but sometimes the best solutions are the simplest ones.