Bent Audio TVC with Krell Ksa-250

I have had my transformer based passive volume control for about a week now. I have used two sets of speakers with it so far-Vmps super tower/Rs and Apogee centaur minor.I have a krell ksa-250 amp that I used to check out the Bent passive with. My room is 22ft. by 25ft. with 9 ft. height. I had a post here a while back asking for help picking a preamp and from that post and your help I chose a passive unit with two inputs and two outputs, one xlr and one rca but could have gotten more if I had wanted to. I used my sony xa777es sacd player as source. Speaker cables were 8 ft. acoustic zen matrix and interconnects were 1 meter rca from source and 2 meter xlr's from bent-amp (Harmonic Tech. truthlink.} First let me say that the bent passive is ugly and looks a little out of place setting on top of my Sunfire theatergrand pre/pro which I had been using as pre for two channel sound. The bent unit has no trouble pushing the big krell (150 lbs/2000 watts@1ohm} to any volume I would ever dare to go to and has NO,NOT,Zero loss of detail/dynamics/definition or transparency at any volume level. The sound stage is huge and everything is very well rounded,tall and with very good depth. The krell ksa-250 is known to be a little laid back in the mids and mine has always sounded this way but with great bass control and very detailed top end. The midrange has now taken on an almost tube blume to it, very well rounded and full. Don't know if its the amp or the sony but I like it. I have an old cd called Encounters by Yusef Lateef that is downright scarry with the lights off (new age jazz I guess you might call it) but one hell of a recording job. Steve Turre's trombone on the apogees is very full with great dynamics and very rich as if real and right there with you. Pink Floyd the wall on the big Vmps will move your world and everything in your room to. The Bent PVC has micro/macrodynamics as good as anything I have heard. I have listened to Cowboy Junkies (trinity sessions) at least 1,000,000 times in my life and I swear I started hearing things waaaay back in it I had never heard before. other cd's and sacd I listened two so far were:Michael Hedges,Alice in chains,david&david,Ronnie Earl, and Patricia Barber, I have all three of her sacd's. So I guess that you could guess that I am really happy with the bent trasformer volume control. It is an amazing, transparent unit that sounds as good as the best of the best IMHO.
sogood51

Showing 1 response by pipetman

I'm a happy owner of John's TX102 for a couple of months now and with regards to the looks, I think - although, maybe not as ugly as you describe it - definitely not on par with its performance.
Apparently, Josh Stippich made a nice case milled from a solid piece of metal for the CES (see harmonicdiscord.com - did anybody see it?). Would be nice to have that case available.