Benefit of shielded ac wire? Any downside?

For preamp and amp.
ptss
Ptss, a very good timely question as I am building a home and will place 2 dedicated circuit for my system. I am also wondering the benefits of running shielded cables to the outlets from the main breaker box.
I recently moved to a new house. I have wired my system from the breaker panel with starquad 12 awg solid core wire direct to my distribution block. And a 10 awg , counter rotating, earth wire. Starquad has the advantage that it is a selfshielding type of geometry combined with lower inductance due to the double run.  I only use shielding on low level cabling and some digital equipment. Shielding gives blacker backgrounds, more details, but can kill the boogie factor and leads to compressing transients IMO. 
In Australia 240vac I believe it can’t be approved because it’s considered illegal and dangerous, and you wouldn’t be covered by insurance house or personal should the mains short to the shield, which would be attached to the case of your equipment also so it will become live as well.

Cheers George
tantejuut
... I have wired my system from the breaker panel with starquad 12 awg solid core wire direct to my distribution block. And a 10 awg , counter rotating, earth wire ...
Was this wire rated for the purpose and for in-wall use?