Benefit of cable lifters on 100 wool carpet.

I read about the benefit of lifting cables off synthetic carpet. What about all wall carpet? Thanks.
umn
My floor is wood so it seems unanimous that the cable lifters will be unnecessary.
As far as room acoustics are concerned, I found them just too difficult to get right. This was one of the reasons that I went to a computer based desktop system with mini-planars, Stylaudio Carat Topaz USB DAC, and Monster Power HTS-3500 power center. I can realign my planars with ease whenever I am in the mood of a change.
Thanks for your responses.
I agree, cable lifters are definitely an 'Emperor's new clothes' item ;--) Except in two instances:
1.) Always use them when you have an electric radiant heating grid under the floor (and it's turned on ;--) and
2.) Sometimes, lifters can make a difference when you have a steel-mesh (or re-bar) reinforced concrete slab-on-grade. This is not a slam-dunk tweak, and depends a lot on the speaker wire and/or the single ended (not balanced) IC's being used. Do a dry run with any nonmetallic blocks (bricks or wood 4x4 pieces or small cardboard boxes.) If you roll 'snake eyes' you don't have anything to return ;--)
I second the room treatments. Critical speaker alignment and placment are second after room treatments.
No need for lifters on wool carpet. I have tried with and without and no difference is heard in my rig and environment. The lifters went right back to the dealer for a full refund. As with all 'tweaks', full refund is mandatory. Few ever worked for me. Room treatments will always work.