Benchmark Preamps and Amp - For real?

Has anyone here listened to the Benchmark HPA4 or LA4 preamps and the AHB2 power amp? Their specs are unreal in terms of lack of distortion and signal to noise. How do these units sound? I am intrigued. Thanks. 
Ag insider logo xs@2xkingbarbuda
I mean more in the sense that it did not feel like there was enough power.  Not that I listen at loud volumes, but the energy just wasn’t there.  The Benchmark was similarly neutral, but had enough juice to make things sound more correct than the Pass.  The Pass was designed to have just enough power, but in some cases, it feels lacking in drive.  It would likely match awesomely with the right phones, just not with what I heard it with. 
@mayordaley

My bad, I thought you meant the Benchmark was lifeless by comparison (the same naming scheme threw me off).

The Benchmark headphone amp outputs more than double the Pass Labs’ one (at least into 300ohm), so your assessment has backing.
I've been using the AHB2 for a couple years.  I wanted an amp that introduced no coloration through noise and that's what this is.  It can be run as monoblocks or stereo.  You can also adjust the input sensitivity (gain).  I've never had a problem powering either my speakers.  More than enough juice and I run my speaker pair with one amp at the lowest sensitivity, or gain.
@yyzsantabarbara  Sorry, haven't been back to this thread. With both the DAC3 and AHB2 set for no attenuation, as recommended by Benchmark when used with the LA4, there does seem to be greater transparency.  A bit more depth to the soundstage, a bit more detail in the texture of voices, etc.  And the volume control is much more pleasant, with easily repeatable levels, and it's easy to make fine volume adjustments by remote. 
I have the HPA4 which replaced the Bryston BP26 in my system (driving the Benchmark AHB2 amp). I found the HPA4 more transparent than the BP26.
Have used the HPA4 to drive a pair of AHB2 amps in mono mode - super clarity and reveals the best in music sources. 
Had no intention to change that setup but stumbled across a good deal with some big ATC active SCM100 speakers, so now using the HPA4 to drive those directly - couldn't be happier. 
Not for people who want to use the preamp to influence the sound of sources - that's not what Benchmark are about.