Benchmark DAC2 or Bel Canto DAC3.5VB or OPPO 105

I've been reading tons of info and just can't decide on the best computer dac + preamp...

I've started looking at DacMagic plus and quickly got carried way into the higher end ones:

Looked at Benchmark DAC2 and Bel Canto DAC3.5VB but recently came around OPPO 105 player as a dac as well...
(at one point I considered zodiac gold but the weak bass performance, as I've read, discouraged me).

What I have right now is a PC with Auzintech X-FI Prelude sound card going to an ONKYO 905 via toslink and then to Merlin TSM-MM speakers for stereo and others as surrounds. I use my setup as all around entertainment/ht/computer/music system and now I want to upgrade with an external DAC and and amp for the stereo fronts...

Thanks!
unistar99

Showing 3 responses by unistar99

I would think directly from pc to dac to amp to have the best sound quality for the 2 channel listening at least...
Is the new Benchmark DAC2-HGC also a good alternative to bel canto sound quality wise?
hmm so I guess it will be bel canto with the 2 500 refs amps from them. I see that the NAD m51 is much bigger and doesn't have the volume control in front.

I wish somebody could also compare it with the new benchmark dac2 hdr...