Benchmark DAC

Great reviews, lots of positive feedback. OK why do I see so many come up for sale on the board? Is it because there are just so many? Is it because they show off every defect in the rest of the system. I can't believe that it is because it is so hard to set up.
Just wondering. INWANW
inwanw

Showing 1 response by wireless200

A couple of reasons... they recieved a good review in Stereophile so that sold a huge amount of them. Secondly, after those people bought them, they realized that they weren't a panacea to the usual problems that plague us, mainly digital issues.

You'll notice this phenomena with any component you see a lot of. For example, the good reviews Totem products get, for a while it was the Zu Adiagio, I could on and on but you get the picture. A great review in Stereophile will make a company and then a year or two later you'll see lots of that product for sale on the 'gon.

Not that they're bad products by any means, just the usual cycle of buying and selling. I wouldn't worry about it, don't expect miracles, but the more popular brands, Krell, McIntosh, etc. you'll see a lot of for sale along with a strong naysayer contingent. Buy what you want and don't worry too much. The more obscure or less mainstream the brand as a general rule the more trouble you'll have reselling.