Benchmark AHB2 amplifier - what to expect?

My current amplifier, driven by Benchmark DAC3 HGC, is Rowland model 102.  It is basically couple of Icepower 200ASC modules packed into resonance free heavy case, with additional input differential amp THAT1200.  These modules were used in many small class D amps, including Bel Canto S300 and M300.  I feel that Benchmark AHB2 might be a good choice for few reasons:

- It matches my Benchmark DAC3 (electrically and physically) 
- It has neutral sound, that I like, with very low noise floor (according to reviews)
- It could possibly extend trebles a little more  (trebles are slightly veiled now).

My speakers are Hyperion Sound HPS-938, (a giant killer), but not too many people are familiar with them since company went bankrupt few years ago.  They tend to sound warm (soft dome tweeter), with wonderful midrange.

I'm looking for anyone familiar with AHB2 and class D amps.  I found favorable review of AHB2 vs NAD M22, but it might not apply to my situation since M22 is based on different modules (Hypex).  My birthday is coming in a month and I could buy myself a present.  I will be grateful for any comments.

128x128kijanki
Viber6, I got AHB2 on Friday and so far I like what I hear.  It started with recessed midrange, then sharp midrange, then softer midrange with extended highs.  Bass got deeper.  It sounds like if I would add sub to my older class D.  What shall I expect in the future?  How did it change in 60 days?  My guess is that it will become a little bit more open and refined.  Even now, it is far better than previous class D amp.  Veil on the treble is gone, both extensions improved, better imaging, incredible bass control and slam, nice and natural attack and decay.
Bryston is great amp (I read reviews),  but it costs more and doesn't have as high WAF (wife acceptance factor), since AHB2 makes pair with DAC3 HGC.  I bought new since it is hard to find used one, while new registered original owner gets 5 year warranty (and 30 day trial).
Viber6, It is strange that Benchmark specified 18A max current with 18A current protection threshold and both channels driven, while now they specify 29A at 1ohm, both channels driven.  Perhaps they improved something or is it just specsmanship?
I just finished my review of the Benchmark DAC3 DX and AHB2. They were extremely good with the hybrid horn PureAudioProject Trio15 Horn 1 Speaker (also reviewed). I wasn't sure how well the class AAA technology would work with the horn, but it was exemplary. 
Douglas, Thank you for a fine review.  I had similar problems with position of connectors.  My speaker cable wires are thick and don't bend 90deg.  It forces them to go down on both sides of XLR input plug.  Since wire on the outside of the plug encroaches on both 12V  1/8" connectors I had to force the 1/8" plug in (almost impossible).

I find performance of the bass phenomenal.  There are low notes that were completely missing before (why?), not to mention better dynamics.  That is really strange since my speakers are benign load (6ohm, 3.6ohm min) while Rowland 102 has 5Hz -3dB limit and DF=4000 at low frequencies.  AHB2 has 0.1Hz -3dB limit and DF=350 at 20Hz.  I also find improved overall clarity from bass to high treble.  Unfortunately some recordings still sound veiled while some others now sound thin (veiled before).  It sounds wonderful on fine records but also ruthlessly reveals shortcomings of the poor recordings.  Imaging is improved, both width and depth. 

I played drum solo on Chesky Records test CD and was absolutely stunned.  It sounded like live set of drums playing in my living room.  Bass control is better than before and the transients are fantastic. Pink Floyd's "Hey You" shook my windows and made me jump at the moment when drums and bass came in.  Also sibilants are strong, but very clean, while upper trebles are delicate without brightness.  Violins "sing" and trumpets have wonderful "bite".  Shirley Horn "You won't forget me" title song with Miles Davis solo sounds great.  Same for "It had to be you" with Brandford Marsalis solo.

I put my ear, as close as I could, to the tweeter and it was completely silent.  Heat sinks get very warm when playing at high level for extended time, but stay lukewarm at comfortable listening levels.  So far AHB2 has only 25 hours of play time, but I expect further improvements to be subtle.  To your suggestion about incorporating pink LED I have to say NO (I was awake).

I encountered strange problem at the beginning.  My remote stopped working.  I tried it with different sets of batteries.  I unplugged AHB2 and DAC3 to no avail.  After about 20 min it started working again by itself.  I thought, that since power timer on AHB2 was set to 40min it could've turn off DAC3 since it works both ways, but now I cannot repeat it - it turns on fine in the morning.  I hope it was just a fluke.  I'm going to disable this timer anyway (don't need it).