Benchmark ABH2 compared to Merrill Element Series and other ultra high end amps

The Benchmark ABH2 has received enthusiastic reviews from a number of sources as have the Merrill Element series of amplifiers.  Both are lauded for their low background noise, transparency and neutrality.  However the Benchmark amp, even allowing for its lower power rating, is a fraction of the price of the Merrill Element Series even when one uses two in a bridged monoblock configuration.  Has anyone directly compared the Benchmark ABH2 to the Merrill Element amps or other ultra high end amps such as Soulution, Constellation, etc ?
Ag insider logo xs@2xsoundhound
Post removed 
@soundhound Did you ever try the LA4 and AHB2 with the XLR cables that Benchmark recommends? Such as the low cost Benchmark Star Quad XLR's?

This is info I gathered from the Benchmark website regarding the XLR's to use..
Professional grade XLR, that support 24 dBu signal level and have CMRR specifications on balanced inputs?

I have much more expensive Audience XLR's compared to the Star Quad on my new DAC3B and HPA4 peamp and while it sounds great I want to hear the configuration Benchmark is suggesting is the best combo for their gear. I think Benchmark considers my Audience XLR's consumer grade gear.

BTW - I bought the HPA4 a few days ago and your comments  on how the LA4 sounded with the CODA 15.5 helped me get that instead of the 2 more expensive alternatives I was favoring. I love the HPA4. I am listening to headphones now late at night and it is great musical experience with the HPA4. Slowly starting to buy the gear I mentioned.
I have not tried the Benchmark XLR interconnects as I received advice from other users that they were decent but were bettered by a number of high quality interconnects. Benchmark amps and preamps do benefit from audiophile grade cables - including power cords, interconnects and speaker cables - although their literature does not acknowledge this observation.
The AHB2 is a special amp given the right load. It is not a good amp for ESLs. As soundhound mentioned ESL's drop their impedance as the frequency increases. Even mono strapped AHB2's  do not do well. However with an 8 ohm or higher, efficient speaker say like a Klipsch the little amps kick ass. They are priced lower because Benchmark makes professional equipment and the market is priced differently. They also really have their act together. I have their ADC and it is a little jewel. Beautifully constructed. I have no trouble recommending their equipment under the right circumstances. Don't let the price fool you. Benchmark stuff is as well made as anything out there. 
I have never been close to a Merrill amp. 
As far as ESLs go, and I have been using them for decades the JC 1 is very hard to beat. They make my stats thunder. Pass amps do very well.
The best may be Atma Sphere MA 2s.
 I am not an ML fan. Curving a panel is a silly idea and the man who designed them, Roger Sanders agrees. As far as Hybrid ESLs go Roger makes the best and they are very easy to live with. His amps also do a fine job driving ESLs. Sound Labs currently makes the best ESLs available by a fair margin. But, they are no compromise speakers and even the small ones will dominate a room. The big ones own the room. They are huge but boy are they special. They were using JC 1's to demo their speakers.     
@soundhound Thanks for the feedback. It is what D Schieder (sp?) said in his Dagago review but that was only 1 person's feedback. I am also using good interconnects, Audience Au24SE (not sure of exact model). It sounds great. I contacted Audience to ask if these XLR's can carry a 24 dBu signal and the person responding to me did not know, though I imagine someone there would know.

I can add to the AHB2 with demanding speaker. I demoed a single stereo AHB2 with Magico A3 and compared it to the 2 Mark Levinson amps that were under consideration.  The 585 integrated and the $20K mono blocks. The AHB2 was the worst performer. However, at home on my KEF LS50's the AHB2 sounded much better. I attributed this bad showing to not enough power in stereo for the A3.

I sold the ABH2 after that demo. However, now that I have the HPA4 preamp I will be getting the AHB2 again to pair with the LS50 speaker. On that speaker the AHB2 sounds excellent.