Benchmark ABH2 compared to Merrill Element Series and other ultra high end amps

The Benchmark ABH2 has received enthusiastic reviews from a number of sources as have the Merrill Element series of amplifiers.  Both are lauded for their low background noise, transparency and neutrality.  However the Benchmark amp, even allowing for its lower power rating, is a fraction of the price of the Merrill Element Series even when one uses two in a bridged monoblock configuration.  Has anyone directly compared the Benchmark ABH2 to the Merrill Element amps or other ultra high end amps such as Soulution, Constellation, etc ?
Ag insider logo xs@2xsoundhound
I should add that this small edge was only seen when using an LA4 preamp with the AHB2 input in the lowest gain setting.
@soundhound

I failed to mention that I’ve had the Coda #8 for about 2 weeks and I’m sending it back.  I will be exchanging it for it’s big brother the Coda #16.  I loved the #8 so much that I’m now going straight to the flagship amp as my end game.
I am sure that you will really enjoy the No. 16.  The differences between  the most 15.5's and the new 16 are the inclusion of newer low noise input transistors and an increase in the capacitance in the power supply from 200,000 microfarads in the 15.5 to 280,000 in the 16. I am fortunate to have a 15.5 which has the same lower noise input transistors used in the 16 but I am sure that the augmentation of the power supply will translate to improved performance.  Congratulations.
Post removed 
@soundhound Did you ever try the LA4 and AHB2 with the XLR cables that Benchmark recommends? Such as the low cost Benchmark Star Quad XLR's?

This is info I gathered from the Benchmark website regarding the XLR's to use..
Professional grade XLR, that support 24 dBu signal level and have CMRR specifications on balanced inputs?

I have much more expensive Audience XLR's compared to the Star Quad on my new DAC3B and HPA4 peamp and while it sounds great I want to hear the configuration Benchmark is suggesting is the best combo for their gear. I think Benchmark considers my Audience XLR's consumer grade gear.

BTW - I bought the HPA4 a few days ago and your comments  on how the LA4 sounded with the CODA 15.5 helped me get that instead of the 2 more expensive alternatives I was favoring. I love the HPA4. I am listening to headphones now late at night and it is great musical experience with the HPA4. Slowly starting to buy the gear I mentioned.