Belles 350a or Mccormack DNA -1 Deluxe?

I've narrowed my SS amplifier search between these two. After reading the reviews, they both seem to have all the attributes that I am looking for. They will be driving a pair of B&W CDM 7 NT's with a CJ PV-7 at the front end. Any opinions either way? Any experiences that you can share would be greatly helpful.
Thanks
skipper320

Showing 3 responses by skipper320

I ended up with the Belles 350a. Sounds great, but it has introduced a thumping woofer problem when my preamp goes from standby to active mode. Not sure what the problem is.
Click title to read one, or click date to read all below it.

02-12-15 This does not indicate a problem with either the amp or prea ... Bill_k

02-12-15 Bill_k is correct. there's nothing wrong with your amp. my r ... Zd542

02-12-15 I just posted this on the other thread: i'm assuming you ar ... Mofimadness

02-13-15: Skipper320
I put my cary tube amps back in the system and the problem is there. I have tracked it down to the preamp. I tried changing tubes with some extras I had, no help. With the cover off and a power line glove on, I moved the line stage tubes just a bit and the hum changed with every tiny move. I swapped a SS preamp into the system and the problem isn't there so I am going with a problem with the preamp. I tried switching the speaker wires as indicated and that didn't work. I also tried as suggested to power up the source and allow the preamp to come out of standby before powering up the amp and the problem is still there. The only time the problem goes away is when intake the CJ PV-7 out of the system completely. I guess I'll send it back to CJ to have them troubleshoot it. Could it be just a bad tube socket? The preamp IS 30+ years old.
Thanks for all the help
Skipper320 (System | Reviews | Threads | Answers | This Thread)