Belles 150A ref V2 vs Bryston 4BSST2

I need a good power amp. Can anyone kindly advise Belles 150A ref V2 vs Bryston 3 or 4BSST2 sonically ? Both had fabulous reviews. The Bryston is much pricier but does that mean it is a totally different league altogether? Is it fair to compare these 2 ? Does it mean that Belles 150 is no match for the Bryston sonically becos of the price category?
mkwglyg

Showing 1 response by zd542

The Bryston 3 and 4's are OK. I've listened to them both. I have heard good things about the Belles but have no experience with it. These are all good, but different sounding products. I would recommend that you listen to some amps before you get one. Just because a reviewer likes something doesn't mean that you will.

Either way, I agree with Jaxwired 100%. The preamp is the more important of the 2 pieces. You can get really good sound if you buy a basic, well designed amp, that has enough power to drive your speakers and buy the best preamp that you can. If you get a cheap preamp, you'll just get caught up buying cables and other types of tweaks without realizing the real weakness in the system.