Belles 150A or keep current amp

I use Vandersteen 2ce speakers with an old Krell KST 100 amp, YBA 2 preamp in a 10 x 12 room, modest volumes (85db nominal, 95 db peaks) playing mostly jazz. I received the amp with all cap replacements for free from a cousin. I've heard better but is it worth it to drop $1K - 1.5K on an amp,say a Belles?
128x128digepix

Showing 2 responses by digepix

Schipo, the KST 100 is a class A/B amp not like the early KSA class A amps Krell sold. Krell claim my amp runs class A to half power then slides into class B for the higher watts. Even when it's warm outside you can always keep your hand on the top of the amp without getting burned. I'm outside enjoying the summer when it's warm outside and during the winter any heat produced by the Krell is welcomed.
It's a co-op in Manhattan, you have to pay for a large room and if you did you wouldn't be able to afford any stereo equipment.

The 2ce are from owning a house and being disabled puts equipment purchases low on the priority list. This is the first piece of equipment I've considered since the early 90's.