Bellari VP129 vs. PrimaLuna Internal phono-stage

This is probably a “small change” quandary from the lower tier of high end. But I’d very much appreciate any input – including blunder prevention, as I’m about to take the plunge into tube audio – admittedly into the wading pool. I’m about to purchase a Prima Luna Prologue II. Prima Luna now offers an internal SS/MM phono stage for about $159. Its relevant specs are 50k ohms input and a 42 db gain output.
The Bellari Rolls VP129 external tube phono stage can be had new for the same price with matching input impedance to that of the Prima Luna, but with only a 30k db gain output.
I’m leaning toward the Bellari, even though it would dictate a high output MM cartridge.
The advantages of the Bellari for me would be: 1- Headphone jack 2- Using as a tape recording output 3- The debatable soundstaging a single Sovtek can bring to this audio arena. 4- Keeping a set of line inputs on the back of the Prima Luna undedicated.
Does this make sense? Have I overlooked something in this choice that might cause regrets later? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. - Mario
mario_b

Showing 1 response by upscaleaudio

So what did you end up doing? Though we rep both I have not compared them. I think the Bellari is a nifty piece but the technical aspect of the PrimaLuna is way ahead of the curve compared to anything else I have seen.

But I would love your input.