Bel Canto REF600m with subwoofers

Hi all,
I am inquiring if any owners of Bel Canto REF600m monos are using them with the high level speaker inputs on one or a pair of subwoofers.  Especially with REL subs as I am considering purchasing a pair to use with mine.  But I have seen so many references to care needed in making proper connections at the amps speaker terminals that I am a bit gun shy.   So I would be very much interested hearing about successful use of this combination and how the wire connections at the amps were safely made.  Thanks.
John

nanotweeter

Showing 2 responses by nanotweeter

Oops.  Should have reviewed my response BEFORE posting.  My amps are the Bel Canto 600M not 600i.  The 600i is my Questyle CMA 600i DAC/Headphone amp.
Thanks  dalims4 for your reponse.  Someone on another thread led me to the use of a Jesen IsoMax isolation transformer between my 600i's and my pair of subs (I purchased JL Audio E-110s).  The E110 is optimized to perform best with the low level RCA inputs.  So I am now hooked up as follows: Furutech Speaker Reference III cables with bananas both ends from each 600i amp to Harbeth SHL5+ speakers. 12ga. Cardas speaker cable with bare ends from each 600i amp into the high level input terminals on a Jesen SC-2NR Isomax isolation transformer.  RCAs out from the IsoMax to each sub.  Sounds great and is ABSOLUTELY DEAD Quiet!  But I would like to try the JL Audio CR-1 crossover unit someday.  Unfortunately, it's retail price is the same as my pair of E-110 subs.  However, it would probably allow me to maximize the synergy between my subs and my Harbeths.  Until then I can listen with what I now have and enjoy its full range sound.