Bel Canto Ref 1000MK2 or Wyred SX1000MK2

Which of these Monoblocks will work best with B&W N802's?
I had the Parasound Halo JC1's. How are these Class D mono's Compare to JC1's.
ellyjr

Showing 1 response by michael_moskowich

" Spectron-Police, in the house!!"

Macdadtexas, you really think that you can place Spectron amps in the category "below average" and not to be asked about quality of your system or your perception of "bright" sound ????

I can undertsand that one can prefer amp X or Y over Spectron - its very personal issue. However, if you hear sound as "bright" it can be only because Spectron amplifies everything that gone into it without euphonic colorations. Remember GIGO principle ? Garbage in....garbage out.

May be this combination of accuracy and musicality of Spectron amps is the reason that so many speakers builders like Albert Von Schweikert, Anthony Gally etc, so many recording engineers, so many musicians and other professionals , choose Spectron - "a piece of wire with gain" as per Mark Burnett (spl?) from Audiocom (inventor of Ultraclock).

I have extremely power hungry and extraordinary accurare speakers (Sasha by Wilson) and my Spectrons, with right preamp and front end, are much better (for my personal taste of course) then even Pass Lab XA200.5 I auditioned at the Sasha dealer. - it controls as "Iron Fist in Velvet Glove"

Mike