Bel Canto Ref 1000MK2 or Wyred SX1000MK2

Which of these Monoblocks will work best with B&W N802's?
I had the Parasound Halo JC1's. How are these Class D mono's Compare to JC1's.
ellyjr

Showing 6 responses by macdadtexas

I like all of these amps, but would be surprised it you liked either of those Class D amps with your B & W's as much as you like the JC-1's.
Oh no, the Cult of Spectron has entered the fray. I have never understood the cult around these below avg Class D amps. They are the very definition of BRIGHT to me, with every speaker I have heard them with, and they are SO overpriced for Class D amps. I guess if you have goo-y warm sweet speakers they would moderate them, but please, let's not get the Spectron-police in the discussion, or it will ever end.

If you want to move up the Class D food chain, and you try the Spectron's, please also try a Sanders Sound amp, which is the real deal.
Spectron-Police on Patrol, yes I have owned the Spectron's along with many other amps, and they sound bright. Not just in my system, but in every system I have heard. If you like that sound, knock yourself out.

Ellyjr, I love he Cary's with my gear, but in this price range, the best amp I have heard with the B & W's is the McIntosh 501's which I bought for my Maggies, hated, and sold to a friend with your B & W's. They sound STELLAR together. Huge sound, but very detailed. A great match. We have tried my Cary's with the B & W's and the McIntosh beat it.
Sanders Sound (and Innersound before it) is a very well known and respected audio company. They make great gear. I think it sounds best with hard to drive loads. With average or easily driven loads, the amps sound just average. But with the Sanders Sound speakers, or Soundlabs, Martin Logans, other panels or hard to drive speakers, stellar.
Actually, I have heard both, and the Magtech is built specifically with hard to drive loads, such as Magnepan's in mind. I love the amps, they just are more special in my opinion with certain speakers, which in most instances are true for any amp.

Well, except for Pass and ARC amps, which have always sounded great with whatever they have been hooked up to when I have heard them.