Bel Canto Ref 1000 and Magnepan 1.6 speakers?

Has anyone tried the Bel Canto Ref1000 amps with Magnepan 1.6 speakers. Is this good match-up? If you have tell me what your thoughts are. What were you using before?
daniel825
It's what I would spend on a 3.6.Me personally I think a good used Bryston 4BST is right choice or an earlier Evo amp that can be converted to mono.150 from 300 amp does not do justice.Maybe two of them.But 500 watts is usable but maybe overkill just in terms or what's price.IMHO.
Chazz
I had them for a couple of weeks with the 1.6's and must tell you that I am delighted with them. I no longer use the sub's
I am not an expert but I don't think you can ever overkill a magnepan speaker, in any event who needss the extra heat in Florida.
There is a review of bel canto 1000 with magnepan 1.6, I think is from audio review chek it, might help
If you have a sub like to know which one.
I am currently running Magnepan 1.6's with a Parasound a21, Parasound p3 preamp, Vincent audio tube Cd player. Custom power cords. Audioquest interconnects. Took a while to get the right placement of the speakers but now it is just fantastic to my ears. could not be happier!