Bel Canto PrePro for music?

I do some movies but mainly I listen to music. I have 2 towers ad 2 subs. I see there is a Bel Canto PrePro for sale and its a nice looking preamp.  How does it do for music here in 2020 on a 2 channel system? 
gentlejax
If you only have L/R speakers and subs and mainly listen to music I’d just use a good stereo preamp. 
um..well....the point is you can get so much better product with a former high dollar pro than you can get with a stereo PRE. 

the older way expensive Pre/pro are so much nicer and have better build and most time equal sound .

I dont want to spend $1000 on a stereo pre made in china from all the leftover parts from the prior models....
the nicest stereo pre I have seen lately was the emotiva XSP-1 gen 2 .  most of the rest of the stuff out lately are not that great.

if they made a Freya+ with display it would be $1500.   Parasound has a few and I am not sure if its worth the $800-1000. 

its easier to buy an old AVR or HT Pre/Pro and get much more for you dollar than to just buy a pre.
im using a PT-100 right now and its not bad but it could die next week. I already have pop sounds and its less than 1 week old.
I hear Bel Canto was up there in the top so it should play music well..
um..well....the point is you can get so much better product with a former high dollar pro than you can get with a stereo PRE.
the nicest stereo pre I have seen lately was the emotiva XSP-1 gen 2. most of the rest of the stuff out lately are not that great. 
its easier to buy an old AVR or HT Pre/Pro and get much more for you dollar than to just buy a pre.
Um, I’ll just politely disagree with all these statements, especially for a 2.2 system where music is the priority.  But if you’re hell bent on a prepro, have at it and best of luck. 

since you insist on disagreeing I will update this thread.

I didnt buy the Bel Canto because its got some years on it and sometimes fixing these high end preamps is not possible.  decided to pass.

I did get try out a Sherwood Newcastle R-972 Pre/Pro . it sounded fantastic with music. probably the best pre of any kind I have ever heard.

I didnt keep it cause it was over complicated and overkill for my system but it sounded fantastic.

I then tried a Parasound P3 stereo pre and it sounded like crap. Might as well have been a 1980/s receiver.  nothing special about it. 

and people love that brand and apparently that pre.

But so far ive only used 1 stereo pre that I liked as much as my favorite Pre/pros and that was a modified/upgraded NAD Pre.

if it were not for parts failure now and repair issues Id be running a Proceed Pre of some kind.  there is no way some cheap made in china Parasound stereo pre  or similar "stereo" would ever sound as good as a proceed that is working 100%.   People are nuts to pay $1k-2k for some of the recent stereo preamps .