Bel Canto eVo2i Gen II vs. S300i

Which one do you prefer? I remember reading a post somewhere where somebody upgraded and regretted it. I also see a lot of S300i/iU up for sale but the eVos don't come up very often and are snatched very quickly. Furthermore owners seem to all love them.

Also, can this amp cut the mustard for the Sonus Faber Cremona M? I'm not a hardcore audiophile by any stretch and don't want to spend 5 figures, but I really love the speakers for their big presentation, openness, and airiness. I just had a good 2 hour session with them mated with a Luxman M800A pure class A amp, dcs Paganini stack, Transparent Reference cables and it was heavenly. Especially with orchestral pieces - wow, like being in a concert hall! I had the dealer swap out for the Cremona Auditor M and although they were also very sweet, the presentation was definitely scaled down a good deal. Anyway I'm going off tangent a little here. Will a Bel Canto integrated give me something at least a little close?

I like amps on the warmer side of neutral, balanced, smooth, detailed, but with good control and pace e.g. Classe.
eugene81

Showing 1 response by steidlguitars

I can't compare these a I've never heard the Gen II, but I own the S300i and I think your description "amps on the..." fits it pretty well.

Is it the last word in amplification? Nope, but I think it's a nice piece, and provides good value for money.