Bel Canto ACI600 vs Black EX Sepates

I'm trying to decide between these two Bel Canto beauties for an office setup. Both are similarly priced.... The ACI 600 is an integrated version of the 55k Black system. The Black EX separates are the more budget friendly system.

Whatever I choose, they'll be driving KEF Reference 1's.

I'm looking for advice/impressions from people who have owned these systems or heard them at an audio show/dealer. What are the pros/cons of each setup?

Please, no advice on different electronics or speakers.

Thanks!
Ken
keoliphant

Showing 3 responses by riaa_award_collectors_on_facebook

Yea I dont think so. You can view the thread MY LONG LIST OF AMPS for example and the Black System doesnt even make the Top 10. Luxman Combo is in the Top 3.  Its a long thread but there is detailed info on the Black System.  Another reason not to buy the Black System?  You will lose over 50% of your investment should you ever try to re-sell it.  As of the time of that OPS review only 30 Black systems had been sold in total. Not very popular probably cause Class D is cheap to make and they are charging an arm and a leg.

Its only out of line in terms of resale value which you might want to do your homework on. Luxman you can get those pieces brand new for $10,500 each and re-sell for 8-9K easily. The loss is 20% worse case scenario...compared to 50-60% trying to sell the BC...and even at that loss wont be easy to move. Guess it all depends on how affluent you are.