Behringer Ultracurve Pro DEQ2496

I am curious about this Behringer ultracurve, a bit intimidated by the user manual tough, and a bit interrogatively careful about the new noise that this new gear will introduce in the noise floor, but perhaps the pay-off would be the fun to play... I would put it between my computer and my dac...I will certainly buy one someday...If someone has experience with this and a dac I will listen to him... My best to all...
128x128mahgister

Showing 2 responses by nekoaudio

I used a DEQ2496 for subwoofer duties for a long time, to very good effect. I'm not sure I would use it for main speakers. There are aftermarket modifications to improve the analog audio quality.

But depending on what you're trying to do, a miniDSP SHD Studio might be a much better choice.
@mahgister sorry, I should have clarified I'm not sure I would use its analog I/O for main speakers. Your intent is to run everything in the digital domain, which should be fine for what you're trying to do.

I prefer the functionality of the SHD series models, and Dirac for high-quality room correction, versus the PEQ of the DEQ2496. The DEQ2496's routing functionality is better than the SHD, but I don't think that would be a factor if only using the digital I/O.