Behringer DEQ 2496 help

Does anybody know where in the menu I'd find an input gain/attenuation control? I've run optical out of my DVD player into the DEQ then analog out to my Harmon Kardon AVR7200 which I am using as a pre. I am trying to utilize the DACs in the DEQ, the way it is hooked up now I am getting a fairly high signal with the clip lights flashing on the DEQ once in a while. It does sound much better and I don't hear anything out of the ordinary when the signal clips. Is it OK to run like this or am I missing something? Any suggestions would be great, thanks in advance!
nuguy

Showing 3 responses by ecruz

For gain, push the "DYN" buttom on the far right. The use the top small knob to turn it up or down.
Cwlondon-
I was in the same situation. I always thought the shortest signal path was the best and that if at all possible, you shouldn't mess with the signal. But I had read several reviews saying what a bargain the Behringer was and how you couldn't believe the difference until you heard it. So I figured I'd buy one, play with it for a while, but ultimately sell it and go back to my simple, cd player to pre to amp set-up.

You probably know where this is heading. My DEQ isn't going anywhere! I really couldn't believe the difference "room correction" made, more detail, more life, less congested, etc.

My brother-in-law owns a studio and an A/V conference support company, when I told him about the difference it made, he said "heck ya, you've got to correct for the room. I don't know why you audiophiles don't get that".

Every once in a while I think about removing it, then I hit "bypass" and can't believe how crappy my system sounds without it.

Anyone who asks, I say "you have to try it". But I've found most audiophiles don't want to put an "equaliser" in their system. But I'll keep spreading the gospel.
There is a way to reset to factory settings, I've used it before. But I'm at work right now & can't remember it. I think I found it by emailing Behringer support.