beginner seperate system

all the listening I do leads to crazy high prices.  anyone out there that can do great high fi on a couple grand budget?  I have nad 275bee bridged mono with focal aria 948.  I would like to experiment with maybe a tube setup or a really reverby ss if exists.  I have a couple rythmik 15 in subs that can do bass.  have a few headphone systems that really have opened my eyes on sound.  can hifi wonky/tubes be done with subs?  and lowest entry point worth the money?  would be great to find something under 5k that can play well with aria speakers.
128x128austin_jeff
i have an all Rega system.  the new Brio is a delight partnered with their RS1 speakers.  all in with a DAC and their cables about $2,200.00 i think it sounds better than the 10K system i had 15 years ago.  definite synergy.  DAC's have not improved that much in the last 10 years.  if Rega thought they could produce a better DAC since the DAR R they would have.
I have a Red Wine Audio (no longer made) Integrated that I use and love.  It’s A tube preamp with a battery power amp side.  May sound weird on the form but my ears say it’s good.  Easy to find used models and Vinnie still services them.  

Had as a bad experience customer service experience with Schiit but their stuff is appealing (USA made, very reasonable prices, great reviews).  Not trying to color your decision just want to give you a 360 view. 
Another vote for PrimaLuna Jeff.  I bought a used DiaLogue HP a couple years back.  This amp has really grown on me over time.  It has  beautiful tone--full color saturation if you follow.  It is smooth, neutral, and begs you to listen for hours on end.  I could go on.  A couple of points.  Regarding the comment to not buy Chinese--rubbish!  The build quality on this unit is among the best and far superior to many American built brands. It is silent with NO operational quirks--very well thought out.  So if you choose to not buy Chinese for political reasons, that's fine.  But not for quality reasons.  Secondly, in your quest for tubes, the amp/speaker interface is critical (more so than solid state).  The HP has a lower output impedance and will be more forgiving in this regard but my VS VR-33's have a very simple first order crossover and get along great with tubes.  I would never advise "force fitting" of this pairing.  

From what you seem to be looking for sonically, you should consider the Rogue Cronus Magnum II. It has warmth and detail and the power to drive your speakers effortlessly. IMO
when I go visit my local brick mortar I will listen to some mcintosh tube setups with my focal aria 948.  these are out of my price range but will give me a decent idea plus listen to what dealer thinks...I have a chinese tube headphone amp and thus has me curious to what tubes can do with my focals.  of course everytime I visit dealer I have a dream of taking focal sopra 3's home...a dream.  the reviews on jolida seem to have some qc issues and/or bad experiences.  appreciate all the comments...will be researching until I pull the trigger.  gotta do my taxes before I buy tho.  been having to write checks last few years to govt so gotta look a lil closer this year...been slacking lately on taxes :(