Beginner money for separate Amp/Preamp for Hm Th

I know I’m opening a can of worms.  I’m not getting used-even though I know there are great deals here. I have a Denon AVR 4806 ~12yrs old.  I want to move into separates. 
Here’s the hard & fast... Under $5k.

1) I need a preamp for the normal HT & my tt. Friends say keep the Denon for switching & radio. How?? 2) I have a Jolida JD9 MK II phono preamp (keeping). I love it.
3) I like the sound ability to really punch.  Friends keep saying SS for mid/twetters & tube for low end.
4) I know there are bazillions of main to boutique brands. Can you keep recommendations to something I have a good chance of auditioning in Chicago please?

My speakers are a couple steps up from entry JM Labs.  Don’t tailor anything to that.  Replacing in a couple yrs.  I’ll appreciate the real advice & the trolls are the price of admission.  Thank you.
tochsii
I’ve been reading a bit more & a hybrid amp seems to be a great solution.  My Denon’s volume goes into periods were it get louder & almost no volume & very tin sounding.  So, I don’t have the luxury of waiting.  The sound characteristics I like... this is where I say “I like a black background, a sound floor that falls away & a soundstage with exceptional separation.” One of the dumber things I read all over the site bc everybody loves muddied sound that flows together in a congealed mass with blissful background white noisey hiss. lol

I listen mostly to Rock & Blues. I could say I find many systems deficient in midrange & I love the smash of a cymbal full bodied & crisp but, that seems more relevant to speakers.  Does this help?
Here’s what I’d do if I’m you.  I’d get a Yamaha RX-A2070 AVR from accessories4less.com for $1200 and just start there (although the 1070 for $900 may work too depending on your speakers).  Why?  I drove a pair of $9000 B&W804D3s with one using my best 2-channel audiophile demo music, and it was flat out amazing.  The Yammy was clear and neutral and managed to deliver a transparent 3D soundstage none of the Marantz, Denon, or Arcam AVRs could manage, and it actually reminded me a lot of my own much more expensive stereo separates.  In short, pretty much just what you’re looking for.  And in case you’re wondering, the Denon sounded soft, veiled, and flat by comparison (these were all top one or two models for each manufacturer as of early 2020 BTW).

I say start here because you may well like the sound enough to happily stop there for a while until you’re ready to upgrade your speakers and decide on a good integrated then.  Given what you’re looking for a Hegel H190 would be one to look into, but that may be jumping the gun a bit.  Anyway, hope this helps at least somewhat, and best of luck in your search. 
Soix thank you.  That’s great advice.  I appreciate the comparison to the Denon too.  It gives a great base to compare.  People like you help people like me learn.  Thank you.
your phono line level out simplifies things quite a bit. An Integrated, tube or SS will keep things simple. I like tubes, mine are quiet, however you might want to stay SS for ’black background’.

I want remote volume and remote balance from my listening position. First verify system balance is perfect, then, the occasional track comes along that benefits greatly from a small balance tweak.

To keep it simple, look for an integrated with remote balance. I found it is very hard to know,

https://forum.audiogon.com/discussions/remote-balance-control-on-tube-integrated-amp

many makers don’t bother showing their remotes, and even if they do, if it has a balance feature, it may not be a separate button, it might be buried in the menu. You might need to download the manual, read it to find out.

Adds 1 device, 1 more set of cables: I run everything thru a Chase RLC-1 Remote Line Controller, then into my Integrated’s bypass input (skips it’s own volume/controls, straight to the amp.

Signal to Noise: 120db. Zero Noise, I cannot tell if it is in or out when I try.

RLC-1 has remote switching 4 inputs, volume, balance, mute (handy), and treble/bass which I don’t use, but, for something sounding ’bad’ I could tame it, make it listenable at least.

this listing ended but it shows it well

https://reverb.com/item/12411621-chase-rlc-1-remote-line-controller

Another great feature, IF implemented correctly, is the built-in Fletcher Munson curve for low volume listening, many/most modern equipment does not include that.

https://forum.audiogon.com/discussions/which-component-has-the-greatest-affect-on-low-level-listenin...

I’ve said many times, I wouldn’t live without my RLC-1.

Unusually, because it's from the early Quad era, it has two sets of outpus: 'front' and 'rear' They are identical. I used them to go back and forth between two amps: My McIntosh SS MC2250 (tested accurate to 305 wpc) and my vintage fisher 80Z, (30 wpc tubes). Everyone chose tubes over SS.