Beatles MFSL box set

Category: Music

i have just received this box set, cleaned it with disc doctor fluid and brushes and my manual method, i have played up to revolver, i cant understand what took me so long to get my hands on the vault, the sonics on the early lps are super, the air and imaging are great, compared to a long list of early Beatles lps i have gone through, on Sunday and with the Beatles for me thats what Sundays are for, except going to church first, then its Beatles Sunday, and O happy day, mike
stltrains
I too saw them about three years ago in a small venue in Youngstown, Ohio. Ray and Patrick were both absent due to retirement. The acoustics were horrible in the facility. There was a lady on flute and she did a superb job! The German Imort of "Question of Balance" is also very well recorded! "Sojourn" is hard to find in the MOFI pressing. As far as digital goes ........ The MOFI cd of "Sojourn" is also very good. But lacks the luster of the black circle! Stltrains, be patient and you'll end up with the superb MOFI "Sojourn". Let me know your thoughts once you've had a chance to listen to it. "Picasso on cardboard" now that could very well be a master piece indeed! :))
guys ive seen the moodys quite a few times, the best for me was a show at audubon zoo in new orleans, over three hours of moodys, at the time long distance voyager was the latest release, they played the whole lp, saw them only once with mike back in the day, i have played the rest of the beatles mfsl lps, no doubt the early 4 or 5 are much better than anything i have got my hands on, mike

The best Moody Blues show that I have ever seen was in 72 when they were all pretty young. That was magical to say the least. I hadn't seen another show like that until Floyd did the "Dark Side of the Moon". Like I said before! If it make you happy ....... that's all that counts!
Never did get to see them with Pinder. First time I saw them was the Octave tour. Pinder just wouldn't tour even though he was on the album. Moraz was a great showman and he and Ray seemed to have a real connection on stage. They did the extra long version of Legend of Mind and blew me away. I got a kick out of Patrick Moraz making a reference to Ray's flute as a cheap imitation of Ian Anderson and Ray just flipped him off and kept playing. Anyway just a memory
Theo,
Your absolutely right about Moraz being a showman. He was a finely dressed musician in his own respect. I saw them on their "Other Side of Life Tour" and he was playing around with Thomas just as you outlined. The Anderson flute thing is really funny! Today's bands just don't equal yesterday's charm.........