Be careful when dealing with Pyon Sound - John Park

It was around 2015 Feb.

I encountered an adv from John Park posted in audiogon  about selling a turntable directly form the Pyon Sound factory.
I asked John if he had another better one. He suggested the improved model Black Pearl II .
Pyon Sound is not a famous brand but the diagram and the specification was very attractive e.g. " wow and flutter figure of better than .001%" in their website.
In addition, John Park  committed more than once in the email that I could return the product for whatever reason and got the refund. Therefore, I based on his commitment and gave it a try.
When the turntable arrived, the bearing had problem and I asked for refund. He said that he would ship another good bearing to me . If I did not like , I could refund . After waiting for a few weeks,  the new bearing arrived.  It was not perfect but it was better than the broken one.

However , when I used the   Dr.Feickert's PlatterSpeed disc to test the turntable, I  found that the w&f 

was around 0.28/0.24% which was much worse than the number (0.001%)  stated in Pyon Sound's web-site .

I asked John how he got the w&f measurement of his Black Pearl II turnable. He could not tell.

I asked for return and refund again.  

Then John did not reply my email any more. I called his office but no one answered the phone.

I wrote it down and hope that there would not be another guy  falling into the same trap .

Good luck.

k500a
The maxim as a buyer is "Buyer Beware" (Caveat Emptor). No-one held a gun to your head to purchase. You read, you convinced yourself, now you regret. A little bit of healthy skepticism is necessary in this world with so many deceptive sales practices being used as common devices in every arena. The gullible purchaser is the ideal target of all merchandising and marketing. So don't be gullible.
The price of gullibility is tears. It was hundreds of years ago that the saying "A fool and his money are easily parted" yet in those hundreds of years many have not heeded the lesson of those words. P.T.Barnum recognised that there appears to be a continuing stream of those who are easily parted from their money and said "There's a sucker born every minute".
Entire industries are based around the Fool and The Sucker. Trillions of dollars of revenue are derived from them. Billions owe their livelihoods to them. In many ways the world could not run without them.
Do you wish to remain among them? Have you learnt from your experience? If not, be prepared to be burnt again.
If what the OP says is true, the vendor lied and misrepresented his goods and did not honor his word on the terms of the sale. And he still claims .001% on their website. But why buy from Korea where you most likely have no recourse?
It was around 2015 Feb.

So all this happened about a year ago. And now your telling us. So do you still have the TT as I assume he hasn’t responded to you in a year.

Moving forward, don’t get lulled in uber low W&F measurements - anything below 0.1% inaudible. And there are many reputable brands from actual dealers to choose from that are way below this number.