BBC Radio 3: Being Orson

BBC Radio 3 devotes its 'Essay' programme this week to 'Being Orson', in which five notable speakers will discuss various stages of his life and career. I've not always found BBC radio's Welles-related programmes to be particularly outstanding, but was probably 'spoiled' early by Simon Callow's 2 hour 'The Storyteller' in the Archive Hour strand some 15 years ago which combined research from his first biography volume with high quality transfers of audio material from the Lilly, and made an excellent introduction to me of Welles's radio career. I hope that with five episodes there'll be something of some interest here.

The programmes will likely go online soon after each one is broadcast, and remain available for 30 days.
tutu10
Thanks for the memo. Being R3 it still may be worth checking out. 

It's shocking how the BBC has surrendered most of its former standards in pursuit of populism - and failed.

It's now little more than an publicly financed overblown political football on numbered days.

" It's now little more than a publicly financed overblown political football on numbered days."

Well, kicking that BBC political football when it's down should surely help, right?  British thinking at its best.

Cheers,
  Tim
@noble100 , with a £5 billion annual budget financed by the British public perhaps we have a right to ask a few questions, don't you think?

£155 a year mandatory subscription fee per household whether you watch it or not? Just try that in America and see what would happen.