bat vk3ix OR bat vk32se PAIRING bat vk55

staring to move from my BAT vk300x to PRE-POWER and would really appreciate some advise on which of the above combination is better.

aware that the 2 preamps are of different price category but have read that the vk3ix is sweeter ect...and not exactly CAN/SHOULD be compared to vk32se. In short they are different class hence wondering if it makes sense comparing. Further, the bat vk55 is the max i can afford now hence wld decide on that as a fixed option as power amp.

Definitely would appreciate the ideas of tube swapping in the preamps and aware that 32se despite presence of 6H30, allows for swapping as well (without change of any circuit board...or am i mistaken)

My CDP is MARANTZ CD15 and SPEAKERS are Vandersteen 2CEsig2

any comparision is appreciated. : )

and yes, the 32se/55 pairing cost 3000usd MORE than the 3ix/55 pairing ....is this increase worth it?
art80342

Showing 3 responses by art80342

So Stereophile recommends: - VK3ix with Vk55 - makes sense, they are both in the same class.

To pair VK32SE with Vk55 seems like getting a mismatch? much better PRE for a entry level POWER....yet USD 3,000 more in price...

I am still quite confused about which pairing allows more flexible TUBE SWAPPING?
Tom,

tis is new to me. why is the 32se more flexible than 3ix in tailoring the sound?

my current vk300x - i have tried to tube rolled and found that the tube socket starts to be a little tinny bit loosen after a while. i hope the 32se would be more durable when it comes to tube rolling....

appreicate some input to my above...

rgds
solid state BAT ... hmmm it seems that the bat house sound does not only come from tubes then...all their gears showcase those fantastic tubes ...which shld be the prima donna of their selection ... right?