BAT VK-D5 or Wadia 860ix

Can anyone describe the differences between the two from personal experience? Which one sounds better than the other, or at this price range, does it become a matter of taste as oppose to sonic differences?

Thanks
dannyv

Showing 1 response by jsl

My system consists of a Wadia 860x CD player, a BAT VK500 amplifier, Martin-Logan reQuest speakers, Nordost Quattro Fil interconnects XLR and Nordost SPM Reference speaker cables. In addition, there is a PS Audio P300 feeding the Wadia, one PS Audio 20-amp high current outlet for the speakers and one PS Audio 20-amp high current outlet for the amp. I run the Wadia straight into the VK500, no preamp. My Wadia 860X recently underwent the “Reference Upgrade”, at Great Northern Sound Company, a Steve Huntley designed modification. You can clearly “see” musicians standing at the front, sides and rear of the recorded acoustic. In fact, the sound suspends belief like a great movie or a great book and surrounds you with the recorded acoustic so convincingly you forget you’re listening to a CD. I'd go with the Wadia because Great Northern Sound Company can take it up to SACD performance levels. Good luck
More to discover