BAT VK-75, McIntosh MC 275 or Sonic Frontiers ???

OK, I am playing it a bit safe in looking at these three amp manufacturers. I am looking for a tube amp to drive Alon V MKII speakers, 87db, 3 way design. Alon tells me to use at least 100 wpc with a tube amp. I do prefer a musical sound that maybe leans slightly towards a sweeter mid-range. I currently use a Counterpoint SA-220 hybrid that has been modified and uses the 6SN7 tubes. It sounds very nice and it offers sound right between other SS and tube amps that I have heard.

The BAT & MAC can change to mono amps and are priced a few hundred dollars from each other used. The SF Power 2 is priced much less and the SF Power 3 monos are about the same price of the BAT VK-75 non SE version used.

That being said, I am looking for ease of use and maintenance from a tube amp, including biasing, good tube availability that are not too expensive/available, plus overall reliability. In addition, ease of resale should I not like the amp.

If you have some useful thoughts and comments, have compared the amps, etc., please post your information.

Thanks in advance and Happy Listening.
bigkidz

Showing 1 response by shamburg