BAT VK-500 (with BatPak) vs Belles 350a?

Hi All,

Has anyone compared Balance Audio Technology's VK-500 to Power Modules Bella 350a?

Please share your thoughts!

128x128brettmcee
Let me know if you sell that bat, I been thinking about finding one.  Would rather have the 600se but its $$$$$$$. 
The VK-500 with bat pak is pretty special. This Belles is gonna have to do something magic to beat it.
Ok here’s my quick review:

Belles 350a Reference (in comparison to the VK-500)

The Belles is more detailed and clearer layering more apparent. Absolutely no mud but also no ‘glue’.

The amp comes off as all midrange and highs, which makes sibilants feel a bit less obtrusive, more integrated.

It’s not a ‘transportive’ amplifier, it doesn’t take you anywhere. Feels like a clean cutting surgeon in a stainless steel room, clinical and not very sexy. 

Definitely a wider more holographic presentation. But not as full frequency as the VK-500. The Belles is missing that foundational low end. Perhaps it is too dampened...?

Even at lower volumes still very clear and forward. Maybe a bit better dynamics in the upper mids/low highs. Lot of energy here makes the amp feel a bit faster than the VK-500. This is the only area of real excitement in this amp—think Baba Oriley rebellious guitar strums really jumping. 

When you aren’t being pushed always by the aggressive upper mids it’s very easy to hear into any mix. There is more air than the VK-500 with some nice specificity of instrument placement. 

...I was hoping the Belles would replace my VK-500. The VK-500 is a beast of an amp, at about 110 lbs it is the largest heaviest machine I have owned, not including automobiles. But the 500 makes music—warm, rich, intensely impactful in the lows, setting up an incredible foundation for the rest of the soundscape to be intoxicating and inviting. It’s rare to stop thinking about the gear and to be swept away by the music. The VK-500 achieves this. 

In summation, the Belles would be extremely useful as an ‘in-studio’ amplifier. With silk dome tweeters and a more mellow, woody speaker, it would promote effortless appreciation of any mix.

@brettmcee 
The bat is an excellent amp and incredible in low end.  I dont think you found a replacement for it. Van alstine VISION SET 400 AMPLIFIER (2199.00) made in USA, you may want to look into this amp and I believe they have 30 day trail.  I've read great reviews about it. One reviewer did an a/b comparison with his x250 pass. And enjoyed just as much as the pass.  Keep me posted I have the vk200 but looking to get more power with out losing what my bat already does, which is excellent music. 
I have a vk-200 up here for sale. Maybe I should hold on to it.

Such good music is made with this gear and it totally eliminates issues associated with dirty power.