Bassheads-DSP important????????Velodyne SMS??

Just wondering those that have experience with Velodyne or other DSP subs versus non.I have always been a fan of music subs in 2.1 and wa discussing with a friend that I liked multi driver,small coned subs (REL,Martin Logan,
Vandersteen,) because speed seemed to equal better more musical bass (not HT "Boom In The Room").But these mentioned subs and say REL spin-off MJ Subs do not have DSP.One can spend $600 for the Velodyne SMS (?) unit to room correct.Wonder if this means sense in a 2.1or 2.1/5.1 combo or just go for the best sound from non-DSP unit or just get the Velodyne model (or other manufacturer) that fits my price.Lastly a seller here said to me he got a new REL which had DSP correction but haven't seen model on EL web site.
Thanks
Chazz
chazzbo

Showing 1 response by nick778

Personally, I like the Velodyne Digitial Direct series that offers low distortion and a lot of power (class D) and can be automatically calibrated to your room or manually set using the suppplied connection cables to your TV so you can see peaks and dips.

I listen more to music than HT and sometimes I use the sub and sometimes not with music but when dialed in correctly, it is seemless with my 803D B&W's. I have the DD-12 (used to have the DD-15 but was a little much for music) and it performs both music and HT duties well in a 7.1 system.