Bass of the Meadowlark Osprey

To those who own the Meadowlark Osprey, does the quality and quantity of the bass deepen after a certain amount of time? I love everything about this speaker except the bass, although they only have about 100 hrs on them and the company says it takes between 200 and 300 hrs - I'm wondering if that's true?

Also, I'm looking for an integrated amp to drive these, any recommendations in the $1000. used price range? I find it hard to believe tubes would do the job but I really don't have any concrete experience to base that on.

Any and all comments will certainly be appreciated.
Thanks
sedona

Showing 1 response by audiofankj979c

Alright, I own a pair of the Osprey's and let me EMPHASIZE I broke in my speakers at moderate listening levels... loud talking levels, however not shouting... I say this due to the fact my pair easily required 5-600 hours before the bass started to flesh out under the 45-50 Hz range. As for system matching I have a Unison Research Unico (NOS Mullard input tubes) coupled with a Jolida JD-100A (NOS Bugle Boy tubes) cd player. All cabling is Synergistic Research, with all going through a Balanced Power Tech BP-3.5. The Osprey's are nothing short of glorious. The finesse, detail, natural timbre, harmonics, dynamics both micro and macro... I have owened Thiel, Martin Logans, Soliloquy, Dynaudio, and the like. These will be here to stay... However, if you are looking for floor shaking bass, these may not deliver, they do go deep and are acurate, articulate and correct in timbre, they may not rattle your windows if that is more important than all around sonic integrity.