Bass Eq, LEGACY STEP ONE

I am interested in tamming the bass of my Gershman X-1+SW-1 four speaker system. I feel that it sometimes can be a little bit too loose, this could be due to the Sonic Frontier Power 2s I used, but nevertheless I feel that there is a possibility of tuning the bass with some sort of Eq. I have seen Legacy Audio with a bass tuner, the STEP ONE. Has anyone have experiences with this sort of device?
bemopti123

Showing 1 response by msapp98602ab82

I am not familiar with the Step One, but I do use the Legacy Steradian to tame LF below 100hz in my smallish listening room. By using the Steradian to reduce bass, I find the imaging and sound stage of my system to be much improved. Some purists feel that putting an equalizer in the chain diminishes sound quality, but IMHO it is well worth the trade-off. The Steradian may clean up "muddiness" in the bass by reducing LF standing waves but I find that bass tightness is more affected by upstream components than the equalizer. For instance, my bass was not as taut when I switched CD players from an Elite PD 65 to a Wadia 850. My advice is to take advantage of the Legacy free trial period to see if the Step One works in your home. At worst you will be out the return shipping cost, at best you may solve your problem. Good luck!