Basis Turntables: Worth it or Ripoff?

Are the Basis turntables and arms (ie, Vector 4) worth their asking price? They seems very expensive for you apparently are getting?
madavid0
I remember looking at Basis turntables some years ago. Then last year I checked up on them again and found that the prices appear to have been increased tremendously.
For a spell, they were easily the Best Buy in the true high end tables I think.  Even now, they are priced fairly IMHO.  Tables are darn expensive right now, but if you want a top digital server, it's going to cost you over 8k.  The Aurender N10, Linn Klimax (over 20k), Innuos (their top 16k server are three of the top servers I've heard.  As I stated above I have The memory player by Laufer Technik.  Not sure how much they are going to be priced at as he's using a new case and has totally rebuilt them, but it's probably about a 20k player or so.  Good digital is not cheap either.
Enjoyed this post tremendously!  I bought a Basis 2800 TT earlier this year with Vector 4 Tonearm/Hana Umami Red after 20 years with a fully loaded LP-12.   I initially looked into VPI and Clear Audio because of familiarity, budget, and access with the CA Innovation winning.  Then I came upon Basis and researched all I was aware of and decided to swing for the fence since this would be my last TT.  The last cartridge on the LP-12 was a Shelter 90X which was >7 yrs old.  I mounted this on the Basis and was IMMEDIATELY ABSOLUTELY AMAZED at the openness/depth of the sound-stage.  The resolution from top/bottom was beautiful.  My Maggies really sang......and this was an old cartridge!  The Hana just increased everything previously mentioned especially bass definition.  Worth is a relative thing of which I absolutely believe the TT was worth it.  Worth is what your budget is as these manufacturers have bottom lines which are determined independently of us.  What we really need are more participants so the prices could come down.  Even so the question of worth will remain regardless of price point.  BTW Basis customer support is excellent. 
I really miss AJ.  He was just fun to listen to.  He made GREAT TT's.  That Vector arm is just a sick piece of audio gear.  Best Buy for high end?  Quite possibly. I'd put it in that category.  

Congrats and enjoy the heck out of it.  What a great buy.