Basis Turntables: Worth it or Ripoff?

Are the Basis turntables and arms (ie, Vector 4) worth their asking price? They seems very expensive for you apparently are getting?
madavid0
madavid, This & your tonearm thread are absolutely ridiculous. Be happy with what you have & when you can move on. Or just move on & leave our happy little community alone.  
Table builders that make damping vibration generated from the playing of the record itself (energy dissipating platter, clamping systems design to dissipate vibrations generated by the playing of the record, extremely rigid tonearms designed to transmit away energy fed into the tonearm from the cartridge being shaken by the tracking of the groove) do sound dramatically quieter.  Surface imperfections of the record that cause a sharp impulse do not resonate and prolong the even so they pass quickly and sound much less obtrusive.  That is particularly obvious with the Basis table/arm, particularly with vacuum hold-down. 

I've also heard this type of performance from the bigger ClearAudio table/arm combinations.  
Funny as I found this thread for some reason.  I know it's old, but it's still relevant.  I sold my 1400 to Tomic.  I miss it e very day.  It was the best TT under 5000 that I auditioned.  Yes, ti was that good as he states and that's the discontinued 1400.  I have MS and have an issue getting up every 20 minutes to clean and change a record.  

I have The Memory Player with every update for digital.  It's the best digital server, streamer that I have ever listened to and I went this route because I can't do analog for the most part.  I now am thinking about getting a simple all in one TT to get to hear my albums that I can't find in digital.  I will MISS that Basis 1400 greatly.  I've heard most of the TT offerings in the Basis price ranges (new not used TT's).  Basis and the Linn LP12 and one of the VPI tables just sound incredible in the under 6k or so range.  Basis may be the best value table that I've heard.
ctsooner,

Each of us is different. There are 8 types of MS. Mine is Primary Progressive. Diagnosed 13 Sept. 2017, Confirmed on 18 Sept. 2017 at University of Chicago.

Yes, I too have issues with getting up and flipping the record to the next side, Finding the next record, cleaning it, getting it to my TTs, cleaning stylus, cueing the tonearm, etc,etc. I am determined to hold on, as long as I can. My room is dedicated, cleaning area is dedicated. I need to be extra careful carrying the record to my TTs. I manage it. The room and everything is setup to help me with every difficult thing in the process. Since, I have become homebound, It is my main enjoyment in life. I also have great WAF.

In my younger years, I was an Airborne / Ranger type guy. Surrender, was not to be found in our training or the manual. There is No Cure. The disease will continue to progress. I will fight to the last. My Best to you.

LP12 owner for 28 years.I could no longer deal with the suspension. Just touching the cueing lever would set the TT in motion. I have resolved this with two unsuspended TTs, A Kuzma Stabi S and a modded Technics SL1200G modded with a Triplanar tonearm.

I get to enjoy my last passion available to me, with a bit of extra work. My 28 year old CDP, bit the dust about 4-5 weeks ago. I have 83 CDs, 4 are test or burn in CDs. No great loss at this time.

The drug that I get by infusion, is supposed to prolong my life and reduce some of the complications. Time will tell.

I will continue with vinyl as long as I can. Digital, just does not cut it for me. Digital will be a last resort when that time comes. Also, having MS does not make me immune from, Cancer, Heart attach or anything else lurking out there.

Hang in there ctsooner,  My Best to you and family.