Basis TT /Walker Motor Controller?SDS- 220 volts?

Can anyone tell me whether Basis tables can be easily "converted" to operate at 220 volt? This is a trivial matter on a Lingoed LP12 or an SME....but can't find any info for Basis. I have also noticed that some Basis TT owners use the Walker Precission Motor Drive (or the SDS) to fine tune the speed. Is this unit easily switchable between 220 and 120? How about the VPI SDS? Though these might seem somewhat trivial questions, the answers will likely determine whether I go for a Basis or an SME table as my next upgrade. Many thanks for any light you might shed on this....
128x128alexc

Showing 2 responses by alexc

ALbert - Thank you for you reply. I think I mised Lloyd after all, but pretty surebased on your comments that the WPMD is not easily switcheable from 110 to 220. Interestingly, I sent an email to VPI and their SDS apparently will accept any voltage/frequency input and output 110V/60Hz. While the SDS might not be in the same league as the Walker in terms of build quality and perhaps effect on sound, this feature makes it mighty attractive for folks like me who need to consider operation in both the US and Europe. Regarding the Basis TT, it seems like conversion to 220 Volt operation on all the tables with and outboard motor is pretty simple, albeit expensive- you simply buy a 220 V motor module from them. For the Debut, the operation is FAR more complex as the onboard motor cannot be changed at home...which pretty much leaves the SDS as the only viable, low cost and low hassle solution. Any thoughts comments on the SME 20 vs a top of the line Basis? I've never had the opporutnity to audition them in the same system...but perhaps you have..
Much to my surprise, Lloyd managed to reply to me before going on vacation. Turnsout that his Motor Drive can be switched to 220 V by resoldering two wires. He also said a switch could be easily installed to make going back and forth easier, but that it could affect the sound. Net, not a big deal.