Basis Debut Mk v or Walker or Brinkman ?

I have a Basis Debut Mk v with Graham Phantom and was wondering if anyone has compared it to the walker or the brinkman balance.Is their major differences between these tables or are they subtle.
Thanks
strapper211

Showing 9 responses by strapper211

I actually have a e320 mercedes,but luckily won't have to sell it to buy a Walker.If Rockport came out with a sirus v who knows.
Thank both of you for your input,it seems that the next logical step in my system could be the Walker black diamond.
Thank all of you for the time that you took to post your responses.I gather from all this information that the winner by a pretty wide margin is the walker.A complex beast to set up but once set up and dialed in pretty much trouble free and stays put.I will have to talk to lloyd about the black diamond table,it seems like a vinyl lovers last table.
Thanks
I have ordered a Walker Black Diamond table.I have been to Lloyds house which is about 80 miles from me and heard the table and was absolutely floored by it.It is a pleasure to use and the finest sound I have ever heard from a front end,I believe you can find a different sounding front end but none truer to the source.I did not believe analog had come so far.A true work of art,I cannot wait till it arrives.Will report after Lloyd sets it up and I have a chance to listen in my own system.
Yes,I am keeping my Koetsu Jade platinum Diamond from the other table.I really like that cartridge.I hope it mates well.
Hi,I cannot say for sure how it sounds in my system yet,that will have to wait till I get it installed and listen for a bit.But don't get me wrong the basis debut mk 5 with the basis power supply and the phantom is a super set-up,if not for the walker I would probably stand pat.But after hearing my albums on the walker I am positive the walker is the last table I will buy,it just sounds better than any front end I have heard,for 40,000 without cartridge or platform it is an adult dose.
Hi,I think my floor can handle the weight of the table.That Rix rax I have is filled with sand and must weigh about 250 but the floor is pretty sturdy up their,if not the table will be in my living room.I have a smaller room next to my listening where I keep the vpi typhoon for record cleaning,thats where the compressor box will go.I really love my bybee stuff and transparent opus cables.I doubt if they will be going anywhere.I will defintely use the Jade platinum with the Walker,I see no problem.The Jade is the finest Koetsu I ever heard.
I talked to Lloyd about the Jade platinum and he said that one of his tables with the Jade platinum on it was some of the finest sound he ever heard out of his table.The transparent opus cable I belive is the finest cabling on the market today,what that has to do with the walker,I have no idea.The bybees are debatable,I believe they improve the sound of any system,some people don't.That,s what makes the world go round.
Hi,After living with the Walker for 3 months I have nothing but positive things to say about it.The first thing that strikes you after living with it for awhile is regardless of how bad the recording is or how loud or long you listen you never get listener fatigue,yet it is super detailed and transparent and just hangs the instruments in the air.Some kind of inherant distortion in turntables is removed that fatigues the listener,a real pleasure to use and works flawlessly.
Robert