Basis Debut Mk v or Walker or Brinkman ?

I have a Basis Debut Mk v with Graham Phantom and was wondering if anyone has compared it to the walker or the brinkman balance.Is their major differences between these tables or are they subtle.
Thanks
strapper211

Showing 3 responses by sirspeedy70680e509

I think Albert makes a great point,regarding a "valid/valued" suspension.It amazes me as to how this important parameter is so easily dismissed.No suspension can match a good air bearing design,and the Walker seems to be a great,thoughtful design.Sooner or later,a good suspension becomes necessary.Ever feel or sense a truck or airplane while your "massive" table spun discs?Those looking for an air bladder(active,or passive)to put under their massive table,only complicate things since these are not tuned to the design.Yeah,Basis,Walker,Sota and the host of other well thought out designs.
As to ultimate performance of the host of great tables out there,the actual ultimate performance will still come down to how well it is "tuned" into the set-up.A dealer,or designer can only take us so far.It will ultimately rely on the "hands on" of the hobbyist/owner,and his sense of audible perceptions.Not really easy,with many designs!A nice challange,that can be fun.
That is actually one appeal of "analog" to many.The hands on,tinkering,that allows one to think he/she has a bit more "feel" for the table/arm/cartridge set-up!
BTW,in case I am coming off as some kind of know it all,assuming I have my set-up "right",I have never been totally happy with my own skills.The "best" clearly lies elsewhere!
Best to all!
BTW,Raul...just curious,but,what cartridge is your personal favorite choice,as of today.I do remember you being extremely enthusiastic about the Allaerts MC-2 Finish,but you stated you were selling it.Are you enamored by a new design.Maybe the Formula One?PLEASE,no copouts,if possible!You must lean towards "one" or two "specific" designs.Very interested here,as I am now putting aside some money for a new design,possibly next summer.Obviously(due to trade in,and familiarity at a friend's)I am leaning towards the Orpheus,which is clearly better than my Temper-V,but not by a huge margin.
Also my phono section sports 75 db of clean gain.
Just curious!

Best!