Basis Audio Fans

Has anyone had any contact or dealings with Basis since A.J.'s untimely passing?  I don't hear much about them on the forums or in the press lately.  I own 2 of his tables and a vector 4 tonearm.  Truly great stuff, hope the business goes forward...
pops

Oh, I forgot to mention, anyone who thinks Tekton loudspeakers sound good has defective hearing.

Errr No, you were quite correct in your first impression ,Condescending , You might also consider Arrogant and Narcissistic.

The SOTA was ground breaking, still is some 40 years on….

I sometimes wonder, do you guys read what you write? Or just not understand?

Basis tables hard to beat.  And customer support is second to none. I have a vacuum debut with a Vector 3/graham 2.2 and an Ovation with a graham 2.2 and phantom 2 supreme.  Thoroughly enjoy them both.  A.J. used to answer all my questions no matter how many I tossed at him and that tradition continues with Alex in engineering and Jolanta.  My friend (also with an Ovation/Triplanar) also reached out to Basis re upgrades and got prompt response to all questions.  Including purchase of parts and arm adapters.  They still support upgrades and we are both in the process of acquiring funds for some of those. They are pricey but the company backs their products.   Always a pleasure and both tables provide hours of listening pleasure.  Wish I could afford the newer tables, would but in a heartbeat.

About a year ago I upgraded to a Basis 2800/Vector 4 from a loaded LP-12 which I owned for >15yrs and have absolutely no regrets.  I echo those who talk about the company and customer support of Jolanta and Alex.   During my homework phase I did not uncover any negative press about the company or product.  I read posts from several of you regarding this or that but all supported a Basis purchase.  The first cartridge was an old Shelter 90X I had left over.  It never sounded as big, open and detailed on my LP-12!  The comparison with a Linn is not the subject of this post nor requires a response but that I am a registered fan of this product.  I am upgrading to the Synchrowave Power supply at this writing.  This is the last TT purchase I plan to make!

I moved from an Origin Live Resolution MKIV with all factory upgrades to an older Basis Audio Gold Standard vacuum, with Graham 2.2 arm (via a Feickert Woodpecker/Kuzma 12 VTA), and the Basis vs Origin Live argument presented above is silly. Two very different designs with very different presentations. The Origin Live is detailed and airy and very resolving, the Basis has just as much detail and air but launches the sound from a rock-solid foundation with incredible bass extension. It has a more live or life-like feel, everything is underpinned by a solid, taught low-end.

The vacuum system works great. Support is fantastic via Alex at the factory. I'm thinking of moving to a newer Basis to see what developments have been made over the years. 

@xagwell do it right and do it once. Good for you 

@rooze , if you really want to rock your bass you might consider switching tonearms. 

My own personal favorite Basis is the Inspiration. AJ always felt a suspension was mandatory, at least when I spoke to him. The work of art is suspended. I am not sure where the Transcendent came from, but there is an itch that tells me it was not entirely his thinking. If you really want a steel platter you can have the Transcendent's platter put on the Inspiration. I would not do that, but that is me. 

I have the hots for the Helix and the two are close enough price wise that price is not a factor between the two. I will not get a Helix until it has vacuum clamping. It is suppose to get it but they sure are taking their time. In the mean while the Inspiration with vacuum is IMHO the best turntable you can get all things considered. If you are after a serious value than the Sota Cosmos Vacuum is it.