Basis 2200 Bass Issue

Hello,
I just purchased a used 2200 with a Vector 4 tonearm here on Agon, had it sent to Basis to be checked out and it was given a clean bill of health. Set it up last night, and I think I was careful and precise in following the directions. I have the table on a Vibraplane 2212, all Audio Research gear, Ref 2 SE Phono Pre, Ref 5 SE Pre, Ref 110 Amp, all Nordost TYR 2 Cabling. Bass sounds HORRIBLE! No balls, no slam, no texture. Had a VPI Classic 3 which sounded pretty great but my impression was that the 2200 was a superior table. Any insight or suggestions will be greatly appreciated, besides getting the Classic 3 back :) Thanks.
128x128moryoga

Showing 1 response by geoffkait

Of course the Vibraplane will interfere with other spring systems like a car going down the road with two sets of shock absorbers one above the other. The ride would be very bumby. Without an interfering set of springs on the turntable the Vibraplane prevents structureborne vibrations from interfering with the platter, tonearm and cartridge, which resonate around 10 Hz.