basis 1400 belt & cartridge

I got a basis 1400 handed down from a friend but w/o cartridge and belt missing.

What's a good cartridge to go with this TT. Don't want to spend more than $ 250. 'Have a Rega P3-24 with AR 440 MLa which I quite like. Anyone tried it on the 1400? Was thinking about getting a Grado Gold?

Also, I need a belt. Anyone know what the exact length of the belt is so I can order a OEM replacement?
I am sure the original basis belt for $ 125 is great but am looking to spend a lot less. Any recommendations.

Cheers,

Flo
flo

Showing 2 responses by flo

Thanks everybody for the valuable feedback. I think I narrowed it down to the Grado Gold and LP Gear replacement belt for now. With two kids in the house there is always a chance that the stylus gets broken so easy replacement is definitely a plus. I would love to get the basis belt but feel that at this point my money is better spent elsewhere which brings me to my next question: what would you recommend as a phono pre-amp in the $ 200 - $ 300 range to go with this turntable/cartridge combo. So far I've been running my other TT through the integrated MM phono stage of my Onkyo amp. I like the bellaria VP 130 (with the added bonus of having a headphone jack) and the Musical Fidelity V-LPS but have not heard either one. 'Am also open to other suggestions. Cheers.