Basic integrated amp for $700-$900

I’m thinking of selling my tube integrated amp to downsize my system to a more convenient form and function.
I’ll keep my Schiit Audio phono and DAC, so I’m looking for a basic line level 80-100 watt integrated amp with a Silver faceplate.
The Musical Fidelity M2si has my attention and is on sale. Is it any good, or should I look elsewhere?
The Vincent Audio SV 500 tube/SS is also on sale and has my attention too but is only 50 watts, but still may be doable.

What other recommendations do you have?
128x128mjcmt

Showing 3 responses by b_limo

I’ve gotta recommend Anthem I-225.  They’re great and I just picked mine up for $500!  Usually they’re around $800.

A few others...
-Nu Prime IDA 8 (Used)
-Peachtree 220 (new from Underwood hifi)
-Rogue Audio Sphinx (used)

That Sony does look interesting... I may have to try that one someday.

I strongly considered an Outlaw receiver as well.  It looks like a good bang for the buck component and it has bass management.

Checkout some reviews on the Nuprime IDA8.  $1000 new, small and looks great. Supposedly has great volume control and a dead silent background.  The on board Dac could sound better than your schitt dac (lol, I love schiit, big fan).

Last, I think something like that Sony or a Sphinx gets you a click up from a component like the MF listed.  
Is it a disadvantage if you get any integrated with an on board dac and phono stage?  Like, would you take a much lower quality silver face plate integrated for the same $ as a higher quality, better sounding integrated with an on board dac and black faceplate.

Are you aware that you don’t have to use the on board dac if you don’t want to?