Bargain power conditioners

Does anyone have any experience using a power conditioner made for computers (ie: the APC Line R 600 which cost around $150) with a high end audio system (front end). It seems to me that these might provide a similar level of protection and enhancement for a fraction of the cost of an 'audiophile power conditioner'. Thanks.
bmc3108107
I would have to agree with the Monsters. I use a top of the line Monster HTS-5000 which is $599 and I love the littel voltage gauge! The monster conditioners are made by the same designer that made all the expensive MIT stuff. And it sounds the same. And if everything else goes, your paying for a $100,000 insured surge protector and have piece of mind
I bought a couple of the Monster 2000's from Globe Mart. If your interested in this specific unit, they have what is BY FAR the best price on it. After using this unit for a while, i substituted a used Adcom ACE 515 power conditioner ($50) for one of my Monster's. I immediately noticed increased bass weight with better tonal balance. I also noticed that the Adcom does not filter out as much noise or interference. Turning the light off and on in the next room now produces a "pop" out of the speakers when it did not effect anything when the HTS-2000 was hooked up. For those that are wondering, i only have my sources and preamp hooked up to the filters. The amp is in no way being current limited this way. Sean >
Does anyone have any recommendation on the Monster - HTS2500. The difference between this and the HTS2000 appears only to be the addition of three filters. Do you think this will improve/degrade the sound, and that it can be rack mounted.
Mike, stay with HTS2000, stage three filter in the 2500&3500 models sounds worse than HTS2000 IMO......I have tried both and use only HTS2000, Sam