Bang for Buck

Limited budget upgradeWill I get more bang for buck with a Integrated Amp upgrade or a Phono Stage and Cartridge upgrade?Buying new speakers and have some budget left over. This is a single source, Phono only, system.
chaaz900
Right. Budget. If the budget is $150 then your best bet is probably a Blue Quantum Fuse, set of BDR Cones, maybe a Synergistic Research Master Coupler power cord. Something like that. If it is $3k then your best bet might be the Herron VTPH-2A or Koetsu Black Goldline. Unless you already have a great front end like that.

Which is why reubent wants to know, what is the rest of the system?
I was hoping for a global answer rather than a manufacturer/model recommendation.Eventually all will be upgraded, but for this say around $3000.
Thanks noromance, that’s my logic. I’m helping a novice friend who like most newbies goes for the big shiny first.
With $3k budget, big shiny preference, analog only, this to me is a no-brainer: Herron VTPH 2A phono stage. Sorry that is not a global answer but the Herron is the best component I ever bought, at any price, bar none. Your friend will be stunned.