Bands/artists you never got to see live in their heyday, but would've liked to.

Siouxsie and the Banshees (I've seen other incarnations)

Bob Marley and the Wailers

Gregory Isaacs

David Bowie

Led Zeppelin

Black Sabbath

Steely Dan

shtinkydog

I might have mentioned this in a post, once upon a time, but I saw the Allman Bros. Band at UC Santa Barbara when I was there at college. Duane Allman and Dickie Betz relentlessly, endlessly traded riffs. It got to the point where I promised myself I'd make tracks if Duane let one more whoop-de-doodle-do lick escape his axe. He did the lick about 30 seconds later. I let my feet do the walking. My roomie showed up the next morning to tell me I missed another twenty minutes or so of blazing dual guitar breaks. I nodded my head ambiguously.

@larsman

yes!  I was 17 when i saw the Creatures at, of all places, the basketball gym at UC Irivine.  The seats were literally the bleachers.  And I saw "an evening with Siouxsie" at the House of Blues in Anaheim (downtown Disney, Anaheim).  Budgie was there, oddly enough, doing what he does best and that's blow your mind with his drum playing.  There was a Japanese drummer there, too,  (maybe more than 1) that absolutely stole most of the show.  I think they'll still do a reunion tour.  Why not?  Everyone else has!  Thanks for your input.   You saw 10 shows.  How fortunate are you??

Post removed 

@tvad, say WHAT? The Minutemen >>> Bonnie Raitt? That's more than my mind can take in!

I saw a relatively unknown Van Halen open for Black Sabbath; a completely unknown U2 play for a small crowd in a club; an up-and-coming Stevie Ray in a small club; I  sat in on a Bonnie Raitt soundcheck once which was a hoot; and so on. But I ain't never seen The Minutemen open for Bonnie Raitt!

(My wife saw the Ramones open for Cheap Trick, another combination that is hard to fathom...)