Bananas over ARC VT-100

I thought that would get your attention ;^) Now here's the kicker.

I have an ARC VT-100 MK 1. I'm trying to plug a banana into the back of the speaker connection but it won't fit

:^(

Anyone have any ideas on the subject? Or possibly could someone recommend some sort of banana to spade adaptor. Re-terminating would cost me a small fortune.

Thanks in advance
128x128glen

Showing 2 responses by john_l

I have the mk II so the connectors may be different. Mine
has these huge binding posts that will take either spade or bananas. You put the bananas in by inserting the banana plug into opening on the back of the binding post. Have you tried screwing/unscrewing the binding post to enlarge the opening? I have used several banana cables with these and never had a problem. They don't appear to be smaller than any other banana posts.

I know that WBT makes some adapters. You might try cardas too.
Other alternatives:
(1) If you do not have the same adapters, you might want to give audio research a ring and see if they will sell you upgrade/larger binding posts.

(2) You can always sell your cables and replace them with some used spade cables.
Hey Glen,
Oddly enough I have used SPM banana ended cables with my vt100m2 - they worked fine.

Do your banana ends have this opening along the cylinder side of the banana that allows the 'cylinder' of the banana to compress & make a thinner cylinder? If this is the case, the intention of the nordost banana plug is to have a spring loaded cylinder that 'spring expands' against the enclosing walls of the speaker/amp terminal.

You do have to use 'moderate' pressure when inserting the speaker cable end into the amp to get this cylinder to compress.