Balanced (XLR) CD player recommendations

Hi folks,
I’m looking for some balanced CD player recommendations that would match with my Krell KAV-300i intergrated. I had posted a question in the amps section several weeks ago regarding using balanced connection for the Krell—as I noticed a significant difference when connected via XLR on an NAD S500 CD player. The player was returned due to a fussy problem reading certain redbook cd’s, but the balanced connection was superior over rca. I’m now looking for another balanced player and I’m considering the following this far (as I’m not sure what else is out there). My budget is $550, but I may stretch it to $650 if needed. I’d like to find a matching Krell KAV-250cd/2, but they are hard to find. My speakers are Vandersteen 2c and cables are Kimber 4tc and PBJ interconnects. 

1. Creek CD53
2. Cambridge Audio 840c
3. Rotel RCD-991
4. Emotiva ERC-3
4. Krell KAV-250cd/2

jsbach1685
Even the pseudo balanced circuits appear to sound better as the voltage is higher. 
rca vs balanced connections: noise level would be lower, running a longer cables and better grip.  true balanced does offer better perfomance with a step up transformer built in the unit.   if the amp and preamp has the balanced connections then it’s highly recommended.  
Yes, there was an increase in volume. But what really shocked me was the fuller mids—which caused everything to be smoother, more neutral. The krell I’m using is an integrated, so no interconnects for a pre to deal with there. I’ve heard both sides of the argument. 
I'll relate my experience with Rotel RCD-991. Purchased ex-demo early 2000's. Vinyl was  my primary source at the time, so the Rotel served the purpose as secondary source.

Fast forward to 2011 after a break from Audio, decided to purchase a new Digital Spinner, the Rotel sounded like "A Piece Of Crap, to quote the great Neil Young. After sitting unused for three years or so, decided to get the RCD-991 upgraded by Burson, having read positive reports. They upgraded the Clock/Crystal & OPamps. The difference is staggering, the Rotel RCD-991, which was previously unlistenable now comes close to my Unison Research CDE, (using Balanced) the best CD Player I've experienced.
For Aus$350 parts & labour 3 or 4 year ago, the improvement is close to 2k worth in sound quality.

So can't recommend the RCD-991, stock, but if you have access to Burson or equivalent component upgrades, then definitely. Has been a reliable Player also.
Interesting... thanks for the info (initforthemusic).

So I’ve been looking over some of the players I listed and given bang-for-the-buck, I can get the following. 

1. Adcom GCD-750
$250

2. Creek CD53
$375

3. Rotel RCD-1570/1572
$400-$500

4. McCormack UDP-1
$500-$550

Confirmed the adcom has true balanced outputs. For the money, I’m considering the adcom. Is the Creek CD53 $110 better? Is the McCormack $250-$300 better?