Balanced (XLR) CD player recommendations

Hi folks,
I’m looking for some balanced CD player recommendations that would match with my Krell KAV-300i intergrated. I had posted a question in the amps section several weeks ago regarding using balanced connection for the Krell—as I noticed a significant difference when connected via XLR on an NAD S500 CD player. The player was returned due to a fussy problem reading certain redbook cd’s, but the balanced connection was superior over rca. I’m now looking for another balanced player and I’m considering the following this far (as I’m not sure what else is out there). My budget is $550, but I may stretch it to $650 if needed. I’d like to find a matching Krell KAV-250cd/2, but they are hard to find. My speakers are Vandersteen 2c and cables are Kimber 4tc and PBJ interconnects. 

1. Creek CD53
2. Cambridge Audio 840c
3. Rotel RCD-991
4. Emotiva ERC-3
4. Krell KAV-250cd/2

jsbach1685
I doubt you'll find a true balanced design at your price point unless it's pretty long in the tooth, at which point some of the mechanical parts may become a bit dodgey.
Not sure if the NAD S500 I had was true balanced or not, but when I compared it in real time going back and forth between xlr and rca, there was a significant difference. Mids were much fuller and the overall sound was more even and balanced. 
Even the pseudo balanced circuits appear to sound better as the voltage is higher. 
rca vs balanced connections: noise level would be lower, running a longer cables and better grip.  true balanced does offer better perfomance with a step up transformer built in the unit.   if the amp and preamp has the balanced connections then it’s highly recommended.  
Yes, there was an increase in volume. But what really shocked me was the fuller mids—which caused everything to be smoother, more neutral. The krell I’m using is an integrated, so no interconnects for a pre to deal with there. I’ve heard both sides of the argument.